2017 Centenary Celebrations
To plan an event to celebrate the 100 year heritage of the Catholic Community of St John’s Parish in the Brunswick Valley.
The Early Days – click here
Task: Compile the stories
1. To adopt with other conversations with Parishioners & locals who have a story to tell about the Parish, the past, the mishaps, the fun, the customs, traditions, the old ‘ways’, the rivalries, the segregations, the blood, sweat & tears that made our Parish what it is today.
Rev Chris Wallace, Mary Ashton, Frances Godbee, Silvana Smith, Pam Lang, Viv Pyke, Jan Mangleson, Mark Russell.
Historian: Frank Mills.
Parish Secretary: Michelle Davies
School Representative: Tim Bleakley
Saturday September 30 & Sunday October 1, 2017
Proposed Media Information & Promotion:
Website – Historical Timeline
Facebook – www.facebook.com/St-Johns-Catholic-Parish
The proposed activities for the weekend;
Saturday September 30, 2017
1. Centenary Mass with the Bishop & Priests 10.00am
2. Centenary Lunch in the School Hall 12.00 noon
3. Official Ceremony & Cake Cutting 2.00pm
4. Historical Display in the School Hall Saturday 9.00am – 4.00pm
5. Vigil Mass with the Bishop Saturday 5.00pm at Brunswick Heads. Light supper after Mass.
Centenary Celebrations Gallery
Sunday October 1, 2017
6. Sunday Mass to be held at 8.00am at Mullumbimby.
7. Morning Tea 9.00am at the St John’s School Hall with light breakfast
8. Centenary Historical Display to continue in the School Hall until 12.00noon.
For Meeting Notes and Planning click here
Phone 02 6684 2106